Village Community Application Process
The Village @ Torrey Pines, UC San Diego's premier transfer Housing community, is instituting a new and more selective application process for the 2015-16 school year! For students currently living at The Village, you’ve learned that to go to UC San Diego, you have to LIVE UC San Diego. And this is when your knowledge pays off…
The offer and accept process is now over – so on to Room Reservation! Click on the Room Reservation Portal below to get your access code and designated lottery time as well as to see the Preview Of Available Space. You’ll also find additional information and/or instructions.
Students will be able to login to reserve their room beginning on March 3rd. All students who accepted the Village offers must select space by 11:59pm on March 3, 2015. Failure to reserve a room will result in the loss of your offer and remove any additional Housing guarantees.
For instructions on how to select a space during the Room Reservation process, please click on the link below:
|Accept Offer & Room Reservation||Deadlines & Details||Space Allocation||Housing Contract & Prepayment||Contacts|
Next Steps – Accept Offer & Room Reservation
- The Village will extend offers to students in two parts:
- Those accepted as Ambassadors will be notified on Friday, February 13 and will have until 11:59pm on Tuesday, February 17th to accept the offer.
- Those accepted to The Village (not ambassadors) will be notified on Friday, February 20th and will have until 11:59pm on Tuesday, February 24th to accept the offer.
- Students who accept the offer will then be able to receive a lottery time and access code to reserve their room for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Room Reservation process will take place on Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Students who will be ambassadors will receive lottery times from 9:00am to 11:00am (randomly assigned)
- General students living at the Village will receive lottery times from 12:00pm through the end of the day (randomly assigned).
- Room Reservation process will take place on Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Students that select a space will also need to complete the Room Selection Application (available April 28-30) which includes the Personal History Form, electronically signing the Housing contract and making the $650 prepayment. This ensures that you have an active Housing contract for the 2015-16 academic year. Details will be included in your Room Reservation email as well as directed communication to you prior to the Room Selection Application.
- Upon FULL COMPLETION of the Room Selection Application, students that accepted The Village offer and selected space will be contracted for the 2015-16 academic year. Failure to complete the required Room Selection Application will result in the loss of the reserved Village space and remove any additional Housing guarantees.
- IF you do not accept the offer for The Village, your current eligibility status determines your next steps:
- Current Village Resident (no Housing guarantee for 2015) – if you do not accept your offer, you are not able to select space at The Village (you will not receive a lottery time or access code) and will need to look for off-campus Housing.
- Current Village Resident (Housing guarantee for 2015) – if you do not accept your offer, your guarantee is still in effect and you have one last opportunity for on-campus Housing during Room Selection 2015 (details to follow in late February).
For each step of the process, you will receive email confirmations sent to your UCSD email account. Please be sure to continue checking your UCSD email account for further information and instructions.
Deadlines & Details
February 13 Offers emailed to students accepted as Village Ambassadors
February 17 Offer for Village Ambassador must be accepted by 11:59pm
February 18 Offers emailed to students accepted to The Village
February 24 Offer for Village student must be accepted by 11:59pm
February 25 Access Code & Lottery Time available; Preview of available space
March 3 Village Room Reservation (selecting a space for the 2015-16 academic year)
April 28-30 Room Selection Application (complete personal history form, electronically sign Housing contract and make $650 prepayment)
Lottery times will be randomly assigned and are unique to each individual in the process. Additional information on how to access your lottery time will be available in mid-February.
Students that can select space will be able to add roommates during the Room Reservation process:
- If you want to live with a specific person (who also accepted the offer for the Village), you will need their Access Code. Check back for instructions available in mid-February.
- Roommates must be of the same gender.
- You can add roommates during the Room Reservation process based on the size of the available apartment (i.e. if you select a 5-person apartment, you could add 4 roommates).
- All roommates must be added during the Room Reservation process before you confirm the selected space!
Failure to select a space during the Room Reservation process will result in the loss of your offer and remove any additional Housing guarantees.**
Based on the level of demand at The Village, we have adjusted our available space by keeping our current triple rooms and they will be available during the Village Room Reservation process.
During the Room Reservation sign-up process, you can select into any available space and bring in roommates who also accepted the offer to live at The Village. You can view current Floor Plans/Maps.
Apartments are gendered ahead of time. You will be able to see what current spaces will be available on February 25, 2015. Reserving your space for the 2015-16 academic year will take place on Tuesday, March 3, 2015.
Housing Contract & Prepayment
For students going through the Village Community Application process, you’ll notice you won’t electronically sign your Housing contract or make your $650 prepayment until after you have selected (reserved) a space.
Students that select (reserve) a room during this process will then have to complete the Room Selection Application (personal history form, electronically sign the Housing contract and make the $650 prepayment in order to have a COMPLETE Housing contract. Failure to complete the required Room Selection Application will result in the loss of the reserved Village space and remove any additional Housing guarantees.
Please note that a room reservation does not fully secure your space. A signed and paid contract is still required and your only opportunity to do so will be during the Room Selection Application, April 28-30.
Questions about the Village Community Application and process:
Village Residential Services Office
Questions about selecting (reserving a space) and the Room Selection Application:
Residential Services & Housing Allocations
Questions about the Housing contract & prepayment:
Housing Administrative Services