Terms and Conditions
1. Parties: This agreement is established between the card account holder referred to herein as “Holder,” and the Triton Card Accounts Services Office, referred to herein as “Office. By electronically signing the Triton Cash Agreement/establishing an account or by having funds deposited in the account, the Holder agrees to be legally bound by all terms and conditions contained herein.
2. Nature of Service. Office agrees to accept and hold for the benefit of Holder, and exclusively for the purposes described herein, funds deposited by Holder in an account maintained by Office and referred to herein as “Triton Cash.” Funds deposited by the Holder into Triton Cash shall be applied against the Holder’s existing account balance (for goods/services purchased) or as a reserve to purchase goods at locations where Triton Cash is accepted. HOLDER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT TRITON CASH IS NOT A CREDIT CARD AND TRITON CASH MAY NOT BE USED TO OBTAIN CASH OR CASH ADVANCES. HOLDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PURCHASES MADE AGAINST HOLDER’S TRITON CASH ACCOUNT EXCEPT AS OUTLINED IN LOST OR STOLEN CAMPUS ID CARDS (7).
3. Activating the Account Online. Triton Cash Account will be activated by Office for Holder approximately one business day after Triton Cash Account receives online notification. Once the Triton Cash Account is activated, the holder must ‘enter’ the Online Card Office to create a login for the purpose of accessing the account online, depositing funds, and checking balances. All credit card deposits require a minimum amount. A printed statement of your account is available upon request.
4. Locations. Holder’s Triton Cash may be used to purchase goods or services at any Triton Cash vendor location. Please visit tritoncash.ucsd.edu for a list of locations.
5. No Interest on Funds. Holder understands and agrees that no interest or other earnings will be paid to Holder or credited by Office or UC San Diego to Holder.
6. Use of Triton Cash. Holder’s Campus ID card with Triton Cash must be presented at the time of purchase in order to access funds held in Holder’s account. Triton Cash is non-transferable, and except as provided below, Holder is responsible for purchases made and charged to Holder’s Account. In order to prevent unauthorized use of Holder’s Campus ID Card, Office may require additional identification from any person attempting to make any purchase using Holder’s account. There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and charged to Triton Cash, provided total of purchases does not exceed funds in Holder’s Triton Cash at that time. Goods purchased and charged to Triton Cash may be returned according to the return policies at the location where the purchase was made, if such a return is permitted. Holder’s Triton Cash will be credited for the appropriate amount. Holder understands and agrees that no cash refunds or withdrawals may be made.
7. Lost or Stolen Campus ID Cards. Keeping your Campus ID Card safe is the Holder’s responsibility. If it is lost or stolen, the Holder must contact the Triton Card Account Services immediately at 858.534.7587 or go to Online Card Office to report it missing. Your account will be frozen to prevent unauthorized use. IMPORTANT: You may be liable for purchases made before your account is frozen, so please act quickly. Telephone notification must be confirmed promptly by the account holder in person or in writing.
With a valid photo ID (like a driver's license), Triton Card Account Services will issue you a temporary card for a week to access your Dining Plan and Triton Cash. If your Campus ID Card is still missing, you'll need to purchase a new one at the SBS (Student Billing Services) Office.
8. Promotions. Holder understands that all Triton Cash promotions and specials are subject to change without notice.
9. Closing Triton Cash. Closed accounts may not be reactivated for sixty (60) days. Staff, Affiliates, and Faculty may close their Triton Cash Account at any time. Upon graduation or withdrawal from UC San Diego, students are required to contact the Office to close account and obtain their remaining balance held (if any). This is done by completing the appropriate form by contacting the Triton Card Accounts office. If Holder originally made the Triton Cash deposit, a refund check may be issued to Holder; refunds issued to credit card accounts must be completed at the Triton Card Accounts office. Otherwise, refunds will be processed back to the originating payment source.
Inactive accounts are those accounts not used for a period of time. Office reserves the right to close a Triton Cash account at any time at its sole discretion, including after a period of inactivity. Positive balances on closed inactive accounts will revert to the University upon closure.
10. Effective Date of Agreement. These terms and conditions shall begin with the opening of the account and will remain in effect until the Triton Cash account is closed by the Holder or per the policy detailed for inactive accounts.
11. Governing Law. These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the University policies and procedures.
12. Triton Cash Office. The Triton Card Accounts office is located on the second floor of the Housing • Dining • Hospitality Services building, located on the Revelle College campus, to the west of 64 Degrees Restaurant near Torrey Pines Road.
Triton Card Accounts Services
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, Dept 0382
La Jolla, CA 92093-0382